Want to Join
- The membership year is from January 1 to December 31.
- Dues are $30. They will be prorated to $15 after July 1st, for NEW members (this means you were not previously a member). Annual dues are collected in December and January for the new year.
- Membership fees can be paid by cash, check or charge to the group treasurer at meetings or by check only via snail mail to:
HOQG Treasurer - PO Box 128 - Granville, OH 43023
Come Join Us the Third Tuesday of every month, 7:00pm St. Leonard's Catholic Church 57 Dorsey Mill Rd - Heath, OH 43056
Membership to Heart of Ohio Quilters (HOQ) Guild is open to anyone interested in quilts - beginning, intermediate, and advanced quilters. Monthly guild meetings provide an opportunity for quilt enthusiasts to enjoy fellowship, fun, speakers, and programs covering many aspects of quilting. The monthly meeting also includes a "show and tell" time where members and guests can present their recent work. Visitors can come to two meetings to see if they like what we’re doing before joining the guild.
Benefits of membership:
- Monthly meetings: Our meetings typically begin with guild business and announcements. A program follows. These meetings offer an opportunity for comradeship with fellow quilters and learning from local and national speakers.
- Workshops: The guild offers workshops throughout the year. Members receive a reduced cost for their workshop registration and first chance at the available seats.
- Community service: One of the most rewarding benefits of membership is the opportunity as a volunteer to make a comfort or service quilt for the Guild.
- Guild activities: HOQG offers a vast array of activities, including: annual banquet, challenge quilts, service projects, fabric exchange, Goodwill Angel, library, retreats, programs & workshops, sew-in days, yard sale and much more.
- Quilt show: HOQG hosts a biennial quilt show, held on odd numbered years. Guild's featured artist is highlighted along with member's quilted items.
- Splinter groups: These friendship groups are truly the heart of the guild.
- Newsletter: The Thread Connection is the guild's monthly newsletter containing all of guild's news and happenings.