Come check us out! We meet on the third Tuesday of each Month, 7:00 PM at St. Leonard's Church in Heath
“Getting to Know “YOU”
YOUR CHALLENGE IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT
- Make a 12 ½” mini-quilt expressing your love of quilting/what quilting means to you.
- All challenge quilted blocks will be displayed as a special exhibit at the 2017 Quilt show.
- This is not a competition. It will not be judged. This is an expression of each member’s love of quilting or what quilting means to them. The challenge is to share a bit of you through quilting.
- Measure 12 ½“ (Unfinished before binding)
- Can be quilted or unquilted – up to you
- Must be bound using 2½” black 100 % cotton binding in any fabric of your choice.
- Turn in with Completed entry form at Guild meeting July 18th
WHAT DOES SHE MEAN? (Uhmm…I mean) INSPIRATION:
Use this 12.5” block to express what you love about quilting. What inspires you? Express yourself through color, design, threads, stitching, piecing, applique, style, etc… Show us what makes you smile. Is it…
- Using a favorite quilt block or pattern? (ie: 9 patch, double wedding ring, a basket)
- Using fabrics you love? (Think style, designer, colors, manufacturer etc…)
- What techniques are you into right now? (machine applique? Paper piecing? Etc…)
- What styles are you into? Modern? Traditional? Embroidery? Art quilts? Etc..
- Do perfect points and matching seams make you smile?
- Do not so perfect points and un-matching seams? Not the product but the process?
- I am a new quilter and really into 30’s fabric. I could make a 9 patch made out of my favorite 30’s prints.
- I am a confident quilter and like piecing, applique and embroidery. I could design a 12” nine patch and the corner blocks would be made of a smaller pieced block, the inside blocks add applique, and the center block do some embroidery. All while using my favorite colors, blocks, styles, fabrics, etc…
- I really like landscape quilts right now. That is what makes my creative heart flutter. I could create a landscape of something that makes me happy.
- When I think of quilting I think of a grandmother’s flower garden block. I would make one using my favorite fabrics, techniques, threads, etc…
We will be displaying them in a special exhibit at the quilt show. We want to share with the community who we are as quilters. We have quilters at all skill levels and all interests. That is what makes us so great! Plus, you might just find a new quilting buddy in the process!
Print this form (6per page) and take to meetings. Used to collect information from New members. This information is used for the guild roster, and so that members receive the guild newsletter.
Committee Chair website manual - Provided in January board meeting to all committee chairs. Used as reference for taining class and committee chairs to complete updating their committee webpage and newsletter article.